Point-of-Care Testing Program Management
Providers & Hospitals
Testing at the point of care generates rapid results that facilitate timely healthcare decisions. Point-of-care testing programs are complex and require continual monitoring to ensure that the program is meeting patient and provider needs. Expanding test menus, changing regulatory requirements, and sophisticated data management connectivity options require ongoing refinement.
Why entrust TriCore with your point-of-care testing program management?
TriCore supports the point-of-care testing programs for New Mexico’s three major hospital systems, as well as provider groups of varying sizes and care models, improving the quality of patient care with central lab-quality data in real time.
- Templated and proven processes
- Dedicated POCT staff with specialized expertise, including dedicated POCT advisory medical director
- TriCore has more than 20 years' experience with:
- Diverse settings, instruments, and methods
- Deep knowledge of regulations (CLIA, CAP, COLA, The Joint Commission, AAAHC)
- Inspection readiness and response
TriCore offers a range of point-of-care testing program services to meets your needs.
- Program gap analysis:
- Program recommendations for efficiencies, effectiveness and risk mitigation
- Inspection readiness: annual inspection, bi-annual pre-inspection, one-time or ongoing
- Program set-up – everything you need to establish the right POCT program for your organization:
- Vendor coordination
- Device selection and validation
- Technology integration and EMR interfacing; middleware recommendations as appropriate
- Staff training with associated procedures, checklist, job aids, training tutorials
- Full-service program management:
- We can set-up, manage and monitor your POCT program
- Quality assurance reporting – know exactly how you are doing and what you need to improve
- Targeted, customized responses to non-conformities and process improvement opportunities
- Ongoing training competencies
- Ongoing device validation
- Explore addressing medical directorship, as needed
Benefits of Point-of-Care Testing Program Management
- Accurate POCT results you can trust
- Maintained control of your POCT program
- Reduced risk with regulatory guidance
- Program speed and agility with our templated processes
- Continuity in expertise
- Cost savings with our recommended efficiencies
- Optimized workflows
- Clarity on your program effectiveness with QA reporting
Connect with us to learn more about our point-of-care management services and how it can transform your organization.
POCT in the News
March 2022—How can we connect these point-of-care devices? How do we standardize and ensure competency? How do we get the results from at-home testing? How can we integrate point-of-care information into the whole of analytics? Read the full article