TriCore is committed to safe, convenient, high-quality patient care while protecting your privacy.
Note: Our Core Laboratory, located at 1001 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, NM, is not a patient care center and we are not able to collect patient samples there. Please visit one of the locations below. No appointment is required.
Find a Location & Schedule an Appointment
What to Expect
We look forward to serving you. Please refer to the information below to ensure a smooth visit.
What to bring
- Insurance card – We accept most major insurance plans. Here is a current list of accepted insurance plans: Download List of Accepted Insurances.
- Driver’s license or other valid form of photo identification.
- Credit card – We accept Mastercard, Visa, and Discover.
- Your completed test order form, also referred to as a requisition.
Fasting Instructions (If required by your laboratory test)
- Arrive hydrated but please drink water only.
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 12 hours before your lab test.
- Medications are allowed but please take them only with water.
After Your Blood Draw
- Wait at least 15 minutes before removing the bandage.
- If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, lie down immediately and elevate your legs until the feeling passes.
- In rare cases where bleeding occurs after removing the bandage, apply pressure to the site of the bleeding and raise your arm for 3 to 5 minutes.
- If bleeding or bruising occurs under the skin, apply a cold pack to the area periodically for the first 24 hours.
- For 12 hours after your blood draw:
- Avoid heavy lifting.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid strenuous exercise.
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Contact your doctor if you:
- Continue to feel nauseated, lightheaded or dizzy after resting, eating or drinking.
- Feel pain or tingling down your arm into your fingers.
Patient Resources for Specimen Collection
24, 48, and 72-Hour Stool Specimen Collection - Patient Instructions ENGLISH + SPANISH
Clean Catch Urine Collection - Patient Instructions English + Spanish
Fertility Testing - Patient Instructions
First Catch Urine Collection for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea (STDAMP) Testing - Patient Instructions
H2 Breath Test - Patient Instructions
Post-Vasectomy Check - Patient Instructions
Platelet Aggregation Testing - Patient Instructions
Stool Specimen Collection - Patient Instructions English
Stool Specimen Collection - Patient Instructions SPANISH
Your test and/or the diagnosis supplied by your provider may not be covered in your plan benefits. Services that are not considered to be medically reasonable for your condition and reported diagnosis will not be covered and may lead to a financial liability for you. You may have a deductible, co-insurance, or co-payment responsibility. Contact your insurance company to learn about your benefits coverage and responsibility.