Our vision is to be the laboratory of choice through personal commitment to excellence in patient care. As part of our plan for reaching that goal, we’ve made the overall well-being of our employees and their families important, offering you benefits and programs to help through all phases of your professional and personal life.
Rewards at TriCore go way beyond a paycheck. In fact, our employees consistently rate our benefits as one of the top incentives we offer. Our benefits package is generous, adding about 32 percent to your annual salary. Here’s an overview:
Healthy employees are more successful on the job. To support you, we offer a variety of health, life and other insurance benefits to fit your needs. If you’re scheduled to work 20 hours or more a week, you’re eligible for a variety of insurance plan options. Our health benefits include:
Paid Time Off
- Health insurance with flexible options including individual, individual plus partner, individual plus children and family accounts
- Vision, including glasses, contacts and discounted eye correction surgery
- A flexible spending account (FSA) that allows you to set aside a portion of your paycheck tax free to cover eligible healthcare expenses
- An extended illness benefit (EIB) to provide income continuation for employees who experience a non-work-related illness or injury that extends for more than 7 calendar days
- Long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness insurance that complements medical and disability income coverage by providing a lump-sum benefit to help pay expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental accidental death and disability insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
We believe that work and life outside of work are equally important, which is why we offer a generous package for days off. The package includes:
- 19 days off to take when you like
- 6 paid holidays a year
- 1 “floating” holiday to take at your choosing
- Time off for illness
- Donation program (allows employees to donate PTO to you if your own PTO doesn’t cover your needs)
- Flexible scheduling
The amount of time you earn increases at 5 and 10 years of employment. Time-off benefits are prorated for part-time employees who work a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week.
401(k) Retirement Plan
You may contribute a portion of your wages on a before-tax or after-tax basis. TriCore will match 100 percent of your contribution up to 5 percent of your compensation after 1 year of service. Employees accrue the full value of the company’s contribution, or become “fully vested” in the 401 (k) plan, over a 5-year graduated schedule.
For our fulltime employees, we cover up to 80 percent of tuition at accredited universities, and for part-time employees we reimburse up to 55 percent of tuition for pre-approved courses of study. Eligibility begins after only 6 months of employment. Employees must apply for the reimbursement and are reimbursed based on funds available.
Designed especially for TriCore employees, our Core Wellness Program is a personal health improvement program focused on awareness, prevention, lifestyle changes and health optimization. You may participate in quarterly campaigns – Healthy Weight, TriWalking, Totality of Health (yoga classes) and Know Your Numbers (cholesterol, body mass index, blood pressure, mobile mammography and flu shots). Monthly activities include presentations ranging from healthy heart and stress management to foot health and sun safety.
TriCore employees benefit from a variety of discounts and special offers from local merchants – from competitively priced gym memberships to discounts for cell phone service, hotel accommodations, entertainment venues, restaurants and more.