Commitment to Quality
While focusing on quality is standard in healthcare, the programs used to improve care – as well as the desired outcomes of such programs – differ from one organization to the next. The goal of TriCore’s quality management system is, quite simply, to provide each patient with the type of care we would have our loved ones receive. The system has been structured to achieve outcomes that far exceed the regulatory requirements for our industry.
TriCore integrates quality management initiatives into every aspect of our operations – from hiring the best employees to fine-tuning our testing processes, from interacting with patients to answering client phone calls about our testing, courier network and billing services. Employing a multidisciplinary approach, we monitor and measure our processes and use the findings to continuously improve our operations. Our dual objective is to increase the accuracy of test results while achieving ever-higher levels of service excellence.
Fundamental features of our system include:
- Ongoing involvement by TriCore’s medical directors in the development and implementation of TriCore’s quality program.
- Automated error-tracking system for problem resolution.
- A patient ID initiative to ensure the accurate identification of patients for testing purposes.
- Client and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Consolidation of client calls for more consistent follow-up.
- Ongoing inspections by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (JCAHO – for hospital-based facilities only).
- Continuous monitoring and measurement of key performance indicators.
We encourage you to report any quality issues to TriCore's Quality and Process Improvement Manager at 505-938-8926 or 800-245-3296 Ext. 8926